10.04.2009

Bee a Tervis Tumbler


Every morning I make a pot of Tazo Earl Grey Tea which then sustains me through the day in my Tervis Tumbler. (It’s iced and sweetened of course, I am a good Texas gal and all.)

Those who know me know that my Tervis Tumblers are always at my side. I love them. If you have one, you know what I’m talking about. If you don’t, they are those iconic mid-century insulated tumblers you’ve seen for years.
My goal lately is to be more like my Tervis Tumblers. Why?

Tervis Tumblers are:

Virtually Unbreakable – Now I know I’m not virtually unbreakable. As a matter of fact I am easily broken, but, through faith, this jar of clay can be a Tervis Tumbler…I know it to be true. I just have to keep remembering...

Dishwasher Safe – Yep, that’s right, easy clean up. When things get messy I want to be easy to clean up. No more excuses, no more blaming and no more grudges. Life’s messy. We can either be the that dirty stained wretched glass that must be soaked in vinegar and scrubbed by hand or know, that through the Dishwasher of Grace, we can start all over sparkling clean.

Reduces Condensation – In other words…no sweat. This is a great feature of the Tervis Tumbler. No sweat rings! How I would love it if I could have fewer sweat rings, less stress and more peace. In times of stress when the sweat rings are coming on, I vow to take a moment to reflect on those who model a life of peace. What are they doing? What are they not doing? What can I learn? How can I change?

Double Insulated – The world can be full of things which hurt, challenge, exhaust and deplete. We can hide from them, lash out at them or, insulate ourselves as best we can through a strong faith. It’s not easy and even the Tervis Tumbler doesn’t always keep the hot hot and the cold cold. Sometimes the hot is just too hot and the cold is just too cold. I hope to work daily on building a faith that can buffer even the hottest hots and coldest colds life can offer.

So…striving to be like a Tervis Tumbler? Yep. I’ll let you know how it goes….

Bee Thinking:
2 Corinthians 4:7

Buzzzzzz:
Peace, Love and Happiness
G. Love and Special Sauce

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Definitely would like to lose the sweat rings and gain some insulation... Thanks for the thoughts!

    ReplyDelete